1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Zone transition?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by MrFace, May 28, 2013.

1. MrFace

MrFace New Cupcake

How will the aesthetics of moving between different zones look? Will it be a hard change of environments or will it change gradually instead of suddenly? If it is a sudden change, are there any plans to make this make some sense of it using Protostar or some other mean of using something in the game?
  2. JoeDragon

JoeDragon Cupcake-About-Town

Well from what has been said, you don't just walk into one zone from another, and there ARE loading screens in between zones. So we have no idea how close zones actually are to each other relative to the world map. It's to early to say if the zones are close together or far enough apart to explain sudden environment change.

Edit: Was trying to find the interview where I heard that and can't seem to, so I could be wrong.
  3. Zeebo

Zeebo Cupcake

Loading screens are only between continents not zones
  4. Pejo

Pejo Cupcake-About-Town

Zeebo is correct. Wildstar is openworld like WoW and not like GW2 for zone transition.

I haven't actually seen any zone transitions but most likely they'll transition into eachother art-wise.
  5. JoeDragon

Ah thanks for the clarification.
  6. Zeebo

Zeebo Cupcake

Anytime :)
  7. Sawpaw

Sawpaw Cupcake-About-Town

So someone new joins the forum, asks a question which you are the first to answer, and that answer is wrong and misleading, good job there.... Maybe you should just slow down a bit and only answer questions that you actually know the answers too.
  8. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

To be fair, he was entirely correct (but with some parts missing). Yes, each aesthetically themed "region" is going to have multiple zones inside it that you can walk to, but each "region" is going to be separated by a ship ride/loading screen, so unlike WoW we won't be walking between every zone, which is exactly what the OP was asking.
  9. Sawpaw

Sawpaw Cupcake-About-Town

This is not correct, you can walk from one zone to another without a loading screen, but you cannot go between regions without a loading screen. Not sure why you are trying to put a spin on it, he was wrong, and you are wrong to say he's right, end of story.
  10. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

You found it in Elliot's Massively article that on the title said "speculations". In that unfortunate article he speculated on already confirmed features (such as seamless zones) and got a lot of flak for it, due to the misinformation he inadvertently spread. I believe Massively took down that one particular article.

You were right based on what you read, it's just what you read was wrong :p
  11. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

they said there's something like 7-8ish zones on each continent, 3 continents. so between the continents there's loading, between the zones there's not. and zones can have sub-zones that will sometimes look different between them. just like in WoW and Rift, you ride/loadscreen between continents - same thing in Wildstar.
  12. Inv1cted

Inv1cted Cupcake-About-Town

WoW has load screens between continents you cant walk though every zone in the game. You can only walk through zones on the same continent.
    Kataryna likes this.
  13. JoeDragon

Appreciated. Don't understand why he was so hostile. I was merely stating what I understood to be correct. I even tried to find the citation and when I couldn't I noted that.
  14. SniperCT

SniperCT Cupcake-About-Town

Any word on loading screens when entering buildings? That was a major annoyance in Lotro.